Friday 7 March 2014

Oh dear.....!

Sunday 16th February
Each month, I meet up with a group of lovely ladies and play at the family service at Hambleden church. This Sunday happened to be one of these occasions. Despite always having felt at peace in a church, I was feeling uncomfortable going in. However, life goes on and I walked in...thankfully it was a beautiful day so I enjoyed feeling the sunlight through the stained glass window. One of the ladies I play with is my aunt...I didn't know if she had heard about my 'news' or not...unsure when to say something I awkwardly blurted it out to Lesley (fellow flautist) and Sharon (aunt and clarinetist). I subsequently found out that my dad had told her the previous day, which was absolutely fine but could have done with some warning! It's one of the absolute horrors of this illness, seeing the impact it has on your loved ones...I found this morning quite hard but had to keep smiling as that's the only way I know how to deal with this and keep hugging and supporting those who feel any anguish as I'm bound to need this to be reciprocated at some point. Thankfully John Wigwam (sorry Wigwram!) was taking the sermon and always it was filled with a strong message but packaged in humour.

Photo no.3 - Henley floods

Henley holds a special place in Daniel and mine's hearts. We have spent endless hours walking along the river here and were lucky enough to have our wedding reception on Temple Island. 

Photo no.4 - Oh dear....Richmond park...with lots of dear!

Reflecting back, this is another important location for Daniel and I...this is where he proposed on a cold, wet October Sunday back in 2008. It's our absolute favourite park and it's essential to visit the Isabella Plantation during spring, as it's magnificent.




No comments:

Post a Comment