Monday 17 March 2014

A week of friends, birthday celebrations and food!

Monday 3rd March

Finally not needing to type February anymore! Yay! I feel that I should have posted this week's events pre chemo but I made the call to balance my time between blog and real world. Seeing and meeting loved ones took priority!

Amazing lunch with Debbie, she brought round all of the ingredients for a kick ass Caesar salad, plus no visit would be complete without baked goods...Flapjack! Nice! Though I'm am fearful of the potentially growing waistline and she'll be high on my hit list! ; ))

Photo no.25 - snuggling on the sofa with Shaun



Tuesday 4th March

You know who your good friends are. They are people who you may not see or speak to daily/ weekly even monthly but when you see them you feel like no time has passed at all. Today was a day of seeing a very good ('the best'!) friend, Moira. I'd not seen Moira since the previous June, as she had headed off to Italy to have baby number 2, aka Greta, a tiny person I still need to meet! It was truly wonderful to see her and it felt like I had only seen her last week. We've shared so many good times together and also Moira has been there for many difficult times over the last few years. It goes without saying that Luca Achilli is also the best....so don't feel left out signor, we will see you!!! It was a great catch up and we even got to experience the delight of lunch at the Thai supermarket in Maidenhead...thoroughly recommended for a quick lunch and appears to be really popular. Grazie mille for a wonderful afternoon M!

Photo no.26 - an apple day will eventually keep the doctor away!



Wednesday 5th March

My Mum will probably kill me but.....Happy 65th birthday Mummy!!! More to come...

During this week, I felt rather fraudulent being at home from work. My arm was slightly sore from the biopsy but nothing too bad. The worst bit was the not shaving and lack of deodorant..ergh! I wasn't allowed to drive technically and had been signed off work by the hospital but still.....

Today's visitor was Lisa B! Lisa and I worked closely together at JL and she was a lifeline for me 2 years ago...pretty much to the week. Hate to say this aloud but is every January to March on an even year going to provide me with a challenge...lets hope not...as I'm crossing my fingers and touching wood! Lisa is a wonderful person to talk to and I had a wonderful afternoon chatting endlessly with her about the world and its wife! More cake involved but thankfully I packed this off with Lisa. Lisa is also one of the best dressed people I know, so much so that we've had after work 'Gokking' VW sessions with Meera to ensure I'm not looking too shabby. We need to book the next one in!!! Big thanks and hugs LB! Daniel doesn't eat sweet stuff really...perhaps the odd bit of chocolate but that's about it. So if you ever find yourself swinging by then please bring individual cakes as otherwise Houston we will have a problem!

Back to the birthday celebrations....

Photo no.27 - Happy Birthday Mummy!

A wonderful evening at The Crown (again!). Thank you for such excellent food and giving my Mum a throughly enjoyable dinner! I guess the company had a part to play as well. Most of us had the perfect parfait and it was indeed perfect!



Photo no.28 - make a wish!

I love this photo - sure it's slightly blurred (photographer i.e. me error) but it captures the heart of the evening! Love you Mummy!xx





No comments:

Post a Comment