Saturday 8 March 2014

Good news Friday

Friday 21st February
The sun was shining on our way to Windsor. We were both full of apprehension, as this appointment was going to reveal the various scan results. Even before we had sat down Miss Predolac said two simple words 'Good news'. The good news was that the scans had shown that the cancer had not spread....PHEW!!!!! The MOT scans had come back clear aside from a couple of cysts on my spleen, which they weren't too concerned about but another scan was required just to check them out. Overall, Miss Predolac felt it was good news. Although I had wondered if it had spread I hadn't quite made the link in my mind that it could do....so thankfully the right result and indeed a good news Friday!

We both left the hospital with a sense of relief and headed into London. I went back to the John Lewis offices, a familiar environment, and went straight to the 12th floor. From here you can see the most amazing panorama of London, particularly spectacular on a sunny day such as this. Andy and Anmol kept the good spirits up all afternoon so time went by in flash.

Back to Bray and a celebratory dinner at The Crown with Kim and Daniel! I had booked this earlier in the week, regardless of what news Friday's results were going to bring, so it was all the better going with positive news.

Photo no.8 - a trug of baby vegetables with Bagna Cauda...an interesting garlic/ fish creamy dip, sounds gross but actually was quite good...not as good as the perfect chicken liver parfait that Kim had! 




Photo no.9 - an aptly named ale.


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Bex - diagnosed with breast cancer Jan 2013 at 32. Let me know if I can help. debecca@gmail.com xxx

    ReplyDelete