Friday 7 March 2014

Blue Monday & MOT

Monday 17th February
Tests for both Welinder's today. I felt absolutely devastated that I could not accompany Daniel to his test on this day. His had been booked for months and then typically I had to have a bone scan for my overall body MOT. Thankfully my mum stepped in to look after Daniel but to this day I am still sincerely sorry that I wasn't there for him. He is after all my number 1!
Whilst Daniel was in Oxford, I headed to work and then my chauffeur for the day picked me up and took me took Frimley Park hospital. Felicity was an excellent hospital buddy and I have to say got the raw deal of the hospital visits that week! So huge thanks again my lovely. Thankfully it was a rather speedy trip to the nuclear medicine department for a radioactive dye to be injected (sadly clear - there were hopes that I would be glowing in the dark) and then we headed into Camberley for lunch for a good catch up. Back to Frimley for the actual scan which was over and done with in 20 minutes so not too bad.
Throughout this day I was constantly thinking about Daniel, willing him to get through.

Photo no. 5 captures how were both feeling by that evening. Drained.
Thankfully, Daniel is fine. Those closest to us know the full picture on this but this is not the place to go into this.

Tuesday 18th February

Hot dog dinner....eaten! Swedish mustard (senap) and ketchup...ultimate combo.




Wednesday 19th February
Another day of scans, this time at the Princess Margaret in Windsor. Today, I had another excellent chauffeur/ chaperone...the delightful Emily Wright. It was also a day of firsts for me...first cannula (thankfully in the arm), first CT and first MRI. I had been made aware that MRI's can be quite claustrophobic, however I was face down with my boobs into some holders that I was never going to fill! The team were fantastic and made me feel at ease...even the outfit wasn't too bad as photo no.6 shows! Sure it was noisy but I just pretended I was in the car with Daniel listening to his favourite radio station...House FM!



Originally I had planned to go back to work after these scans but I knew who was the boss that day, so Emily and I had a well deserved lunch at Bill's in Windsor!

Thursday 20th February
Standard Thursday at work..followed by the legendary chicken salad..I don't know why this salad is so good but everyone loves it when we make it. Daniel is the don of this salad as it always tastes the best when he makes it. 

Daffodil time as well - they bloomed the next day...beautiful.

Photo no.7 - chicken salad!





No comments:

Post a Comment