Tuesday 2 December 2014

A brave new world...week 2

Monday 3rd November

Song of the day (LH): Naughty girl - Beyonce
Song of the day (VW): There's nothing like this - Omar

I love this Omar track...so soulful and the bass line is divine. As a twist of fate, I was at a party on Friday (28th Nov) and he played a live set...amazing!

Photo no.727 - Omar & groupie! 




Bad sleep....romanesco broccoli you are to blame as my tummy was rumbling on and off all night! Still after dropping DW at the station, I snuck back to bed for a few more hours sleep...so no complaints from me really. 

Compared to last Monday, today is freezing!!! I guess it's November afterall but still it's a bit of a shock to the system. 

Tonight's new dinner dish....

Photo no.728 - mushroom stroganoff...perfect weekday dinner....topped with a bit of bok choi for some greens! Yum!




I know many of you keep gratitude diaries...I for one do it each day. For me it can be a person, experience, sound, smell or today I am thankful for my eyebrows and eyelashes making good progress....good comeback guys!!!


Tuesday 4th November

Song of the day (LH): Another chance - Roger Sanchez
Song of the day (VW): Sweet harmony - The Beloved

Happy birthday nurse Lars & Felicity!

Photo no.729 - frosty cobweb! 



What can I say about today....I'm tired, tired, tired, tired....perhaps it's the darker days and the need for hibernation that is kicking in. Fingers crossed tomorrow my spritely self will be back!

Wednesday 5th November

Song of the day (LH): The love I lost - Sybil
Song of the day (VW): Heavy cross - Gossip

Remember, remember....

Ok Mr Tiredness you want to hang out a bit longer...that's fine...I felt shattered despite 12 hours sleep. I guess the key is just to go with it....

Thursday 6th November

Song of the day (LH): You ruin me - The Veronicas
Song of the day (VW): Don't worry, be happy - Bobby McFerrin

Icy morning...car scraping time...there's something quite fun about this. I don't know why but when it's that cold and crisp, the air feels so fresh and clear...it's good to be up. 

Today I met up with Debbie to conclude that I would return to work in January...it feels weird and I, for whatever reason feel guilty about taking so much time off but so far everyone has endorsed this decision so I guess it is the right thing to do...Time to heal and kick off my short career as a lady of pleasure/ leisure! ; )

Friday 7th November

Song of the day (LH): Little things mean a lot - Little shoes big voice
Song of the day (VW): Pata, para - Miriam Makeba

Today is a milestone day for a very special person....B finished her treatment plan! She has really battled through some horrible chemo side effects and more recently radiotherapy has given her body another pummelling....so from the bottom of my heart I'm so thoroughly pleased that she's finally finished! Woo-hoo! Though it doesn't necessarily feel like that....still an incredible achievement and I am so pleased to have met you this year. Big love B!xxx

My physio session today was marked with a big improvement tick from last week. Kate didn't say it at the time but she was slightly concerned last week at how much cording was still present but today I got a smiley face! ; ) Radiotherapy for me still feels slightly deceptive as I couldn't really visually see or feel the impact that it was having but it definitely aggravated the cording. Good news that it's starting to calm down again. On my way out I bumped into Fiona Mac! : ) She is still one of my favourite people...though for her I fear that I will remain the biscuit patient...not because I ate too many but because I sent some to her and her team!  Still there are worse things to be known for!!!

Next stop was Putney for a much overdue catch up lunch with Moira and a wig wash with Ben...both very lovely. 

My final appointment (!) today was dinner with the ever wonderful Kim and DW...there was only one thing on my mind...Pho! It's become an addiction...they do offer the noodle dream as told by Mr Ping....Kung Fu panda fans you know what I mean!

Tonight there was a full moon...it was absolutely stunning to watch it rise into the sky. 

Photo no.730 - my finishing treatment roses from the beautiful B!xxx



The last job of today was to tackle my leg hair....no body hair through chemo was definitely a benefit, especially as it was summer. I would have been happy if it had remained permanently that way but no that was not to be...hello epilator...holy cr@p you hurt! Ouuuucccchhh!!!! We'll reconvene tomorrow...this has to be done in sessions!

Saturday 8th November

Song of the day (LH): Broken stones - Paul Weller
Song of the day (VW): Spinning around - Kylie

A bimble day...blog, iron, tidy and pack!!!! Holiday time tomorrow!!!

Photo no.731 - Shaun and Snoopy have a big night...well it's Saturday afterall!





Sunday 9th November

Song of the day (LH): When the going gets tough - Billy Ocean
Song of the day (VW): Creep - Radiohead

Ok, who's idea was it to book a 7am flight???? Mmmnnn???? Oh yeah...think that might have been mine!!! Ergh....there is never a need to see 0445!!! One 4.45 is enough for a day! Still Lisboa here we come!!!

Photo no.732 - the streets of Alfama



Photo no.733 - 'don't eat me'!


This photo is for Kim....part of the offer for the hotel that we booked was a chorizo sausage and a bottle of vinho verde....so yes there was free sausage!


Photo no.734 - Chiado 16 chorizo!



It was so good to be back in Lisbon, despite it being a little wet....it'll dry up?!!! We took a long nap to make up for the early start. It had been a good call to book an apartment hotel as it really felt like home from home. My Sunday nights in Lisbon mean one thing...Grapes & Bites in the Barrio Alto with Tatiana singing and playing the bongos and Raoul on the guitar...musical, wine and food heaven! Often you're asked to consider the question...'what makes you feel alive?'...I think, if asked, my last night on earth would be spent here...this is my happy place! : )

Photo no.735 - wine number 1...a Portuguese white.



Photo no.736 - tapas...afternoon tea style!


Photo no.737 - to finish...a glass of sweet moscatel...a must!


So you will have seen from the food photo, this is not the place to be vegan avoiding alcohol....time to embrace everything as a local! Pastel de nata you're next! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment