Thursday 18 December 2014

A brave new world...starting to leave Wonderland

Monday 17th November

Song of the day (LH): Waterloo sunset - The Kinks
Song of the day (VW): Stayin' alive - The Bee Gees


Ah ha ha ha stayin alive, stayin alive...!

Today I went to The Haven to meet one of the volunteers there to tell my story, as they'd like to make a case study of me for their website and possibly marketing material...hopefully it'll come out well! 


Tuesday 18th November

Song of the day (LH): Bright side of the road - Van Morrison
Song of the day (VW): Awake - Electric Guest

I think the post treatment blues are starting to lift....I should be ecstatically happy to be free of treatment but for whatever reason it doesn't feel like this and I think this is true for many others. But I'm grateful for the positivity starting to flow once more....Just need to get rid of this stomach bug...ouch! Still good for the weight loss that's required as I'm not feeling too hungry...you know the cycle...you eat, it hurts, so much so that it puts you off eating for a while...listen to your body VW!

Wednesday 19th November

Song of the day (LH): Superheroes - The Script
Song of the day (VW): Something happened on the way to heaven - Phil Collins

A therapeutic walk with Rachel and Maddie and their friend Kerry...I was gate crashing them on a buggy friendly walk around the Thicket...given it had been quite rainy over the past few days the fields weren't so buggy friendly but the walk had some wonderful views and despite being freezing cold it was nice to be out in the sunshine. Vitamin D daily dose check and some time spent without my mind wandering off into various thoughts...good therapy!!!

Photo no.781 - the perfect package.....




Saturday night is end of treatment party night...unfortunately Lisa P can't make it but sent this very thoughtful parcel. Thanks so much Lisa P, it made my day!!! xxx


Thursday 20th November

Song of the day (LH): Say it right - Nelly Fertado
Song of the day (VW): Warwick Avenue - Duffy

Argh it's a 20th!!! : )) Sleepy, sleepy! London afternoon for me...first stop a great physio session with Kate then some time with the guys at Sola Kitchens to finalise the kitchen plans. I still think it's a slightly crazy project to be doing but it's important to DW, so who can say no?! As a treat we got burritos from Wholefoods for dinner, as I knew I was going to be too tired to cook when we got back...this has definitely become a guilty pleasure accompanied by a green juice to add in some health benefit!!! ; ) What today has shown me though, is that tiredness aside, my mental health is definitely much better off when I'm doing things/ seeing people so better start planning some daily activities to keep on the positivity train! Choo, choo!!!


Friday 21st November

Song of the day (LH): Two hearts - Phil Collins
Song of the day (VW): All woman - Lisa Stansfield

Today was a post treatment first....zumba!!! Whoop, whoop! Yep, my dancing shoes are back on and boy did it feel great! Annet threw in some of my favourite numbers and it turns out that it was due to having read some of my early blog posts. I was so touched when she told me...thank you so much, it was a great welcome back and gave me confidence to go for it! The endorphins were definitely flowing so more dancing required!

A productive afternoon...kitchen project stuff...check! Blog...check! Party playlist...check! 

This evening we went over to my parent's house for a family dinner. My mum rustled up a great tagine! Next Friday, we're going to a 20s Chicago themed party. DW had been struggling to work out to wear but never fear my brother had a fancy dress outfit on hand...

Photo no.782 - what an outfit....odd job joins the mafia?!!! Sorry DW! xxx




Photo no.783 - gangsta Mum!



A lovely evening! Thanks Mummy, Daddy, Luke and Natalie! xxx

Saturday 22nd November

Song of the day (LH): Perfect Day - Lou Reed
Song of the day (VW): When doves cry - Prince

Today's song was chosen by my Dad after he showed me this picture by Noma Bar.

http://store.outline-editions.co.uk/Products/202-when-doves-cry.aspx

I love Noma Bar's work and we've got a few of his prints...it's always interesting to see what people can see first.

Party night! Wow! Can't believe it's finally here...fingers crossed people come!!! : /

DW and I had a cheeky pre party burger at Jackson & Rye and then just before 8pm headed over to the party venue...Kettner's courtesy of the wonderful music man Lee Homer! Thank you so, so much, it was a truly fabulous venue...such a shame you couldn't be there to listen to our playlist and have some bubbly!!!xxx

Slowly but surely people arrived and there were a few amazing surprises...I had thought that Kim wouldn't be able to make it but the angel that she is popped in between courses from Sian's hen do and then came back at the end...it really made my evening! Plus she looked amazing in red! : ) Then another arrival of someone who I thought wasn't going to make it...Debbie!!! Yay! A big thank you to everyone who came and made it such a special evening full of dancing, drinking, laughing...it was such a good night that I completely lost track of time and we soon realised that the last train wasn't going to happen...with the remaining party people we decided to head to Ronnie Scott's to catch the late show...but the queue and rain meant we all herded into Bar Italia...I've always wanted to go here so it was great to go in for a late night coffee...of course the Ray Gelato song was running through my head! : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKIKoe_13QA

Photo no.784 - late night party people!


Thankfully DW had remained on the ball and a cab had been ordered home...Rebecca also came in the cab with us. As we arrived there was a knight in a shiny red porsche waiting to take her back to Wokingham...Mr Collins you're incredible and a true inspiration! : )

Heading into the house I realised it was Tamoxifen time...was it a good idea taking it on top of a 'good' amount of alcohol...I decided against it though worried what the impact might be...thankfully I was so tired that I didn't have too much time to think about this...zzzzzzzzzzz

Sunday 23rd November

Song of the day (LH): Easy - Lionel Richie
Song of the day (VW): The chain - Fleetwood Mac

Happy birthday Wonechen! xxx

OUCH!!! Those gin and tonics were definitely not a good idea......H2O, H2O! Paracetamol.....I nearly reached for the leftover domperidone from my chemo days as I think someone had mentioned it can help with hangovers....Finally a hangover from actually having been at a party rather than the chemical cocktails that I've been fed this year! Only one thing to watch while feeling pretty rough...the grand prix.

I managed to drag myself out of the house to buy food for dinner. Rachel and I had planned to go to yoga but I just knew it was not a good idea....though hats off to her as she made it! 

Thankfully as the day progressed, I began to feel more and more human. DW annoyingly was as bright as a button! Still, as you know very few things get me out of making a Sunday night supper...so thankfully I had planned something easy to make and healthy to cleanse the body!

Photo no.785 - Bandari monkfish tail with Shirazi salad



Perhaps more of a summer dish but it was very welcome...accompanied by a glass of peach & lychee squash! ; )


At the beginning of October I shared the starting point of my hair growing journey...nearly 2 months on I thought I would share my progress.

Photo no.786 - slowly but surely...



As the title of this post suggests it feels like it's time to start closing my Wonderland journey....so at the end of this year I will be walking out of Wonderland...of course there will be a festive post or two...so it's not goodbye just yet! : ) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment